Monday, November 30, 2009

thanksgiving


I don't really like Thanksgiving. The food does nothing for me. Turkey especially. I REALLY dislike turkey. Also, I always overeat which makes me feel awful. Please note, I have a very funny tummy that likes to act up when I eat too much food or anything rich, funky, sweet, etc. I don't hate everything involved with turkey-day (see, it's a holiday also known as turkey-day which I already told you I hate). I do enjoy the holiday because it's a big fun family time. Plus, the husband and I have started an awesome bagel, mimosa, and football tradition. But that doesn't have anything to do with 'traditional' Thanksgiving itself. I'm totally rambling.

This year Thanksgiving was turned on its head. By what you ask. By fried freakin' turkey. Amazingly delicious. At hubby's family Thanksgiving a newly acquired family member came and deep fried two turkeys. OMG. Life changing. The hubby and I came back to my family, talked friend turkey up so much that we've convinced my mother to buy a turkey fryer. Next year the husband is going to deep fry turkeys at my family's Thanksgiving. I love finding new traditions!

Oh, and what am I thankful for you ask? My amazingly wonderful husband, of course!

Happy Belated Thanksgiving everyone!

** Please note: Chef Patrick Mould did not fry our turkey. That honor went to Mr. David King

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Can't wait to catch up on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any thing fried must taste good :)

    ReplyDelete