Wednesday, December 16, 2009

grey

A week after I turned 27 I found my first grey hair. Freakin' grey hair. What is a girl to do? Call a girlfriend and freak out. What girlfriend? One of my faves ... Red Head Jen! She gave me sage advice ... stop freaking out and just pluck those suckers out. Thanks Jen! Done and done!

Since that first fateful discovery, a few more have shown up randomly in the two years that have followed. Yesterday, two weeks after I turned 29, I found yet another grey hair. So not okay. This time I didn't freak out {okay, there was a little freaking out, but not terrible} ... I remembered Jen's advice and was ready to pluck that sucker out. I stood in the mirror for about 5 freakin' minutes attacking that gal. Guess what? No dice. That 1 1/2" long grey hair was not budging. Apparently she likes me and doesn't want to leave. I have a new friend. Maybe I should name her? Maggie the Naggy Grey (Maggie for short)? The name sounds great, the fact I lost this battle to Maggie ... so not great.

Maggie the Naggy Grey - 1
Little wife - 0

1 comment:

  1. Have the hubster get it for you. Sometimes, I get one that I can't get on my own and have to call in reinforcements. (aka the tall hubby who can reach those spots on my head that I can't)

    And, do NOT give in to Maggie.

    Also, her name should be shortened to Nag.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete