Thursday, July 30, 2009

free stuff

What could be better than free stuff? Nothing. Especially when the free stuff is fun and fabulous.

One of my girlfriends is pregnant and in the throes of decorating her baby girl's nursery. Thus her girly office is being disassembled and recycled. Guess the recipient of said stuff, yup, ME! I'm thrilled. I'm getting a fabulously large and girly white desk + a giant PINK wingback chair. Yup, pink. Pink, the color that just so happens to be my most favorite color in the whole entire world. Hubby can't say no, it's free! Plus, he stopped using the room this stuff is taking over (he uses the dining room table as his "executive desk"). 

I've been meaning to decorate our craft room/office for months. The plan had been to create a bright pink/grass green color scheme. I didn't get far. I have a green rug, a pink picture frame, one piece each of green & pink art, and a bunch of stuff waiting to be revamped. Now that I'm getting my new stuff I have found a load of redecorating energy! I'm sooo thrilled.

Today I went to Home Depot for some spray paint (I found bright pink and a light pink which will coordinate with the wingback chair). Frames are already in progress! I don't know when I'll be able to get my pack mule hubby (and probably one of his friends - this desk is huge) over to my girlfriend's house to pick up my stuff - hopefully soon! I'm so excited. I will post pics once parts of the room are finished. 

I can't contain my pink glee!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Toni! How is the room coming along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's fab! It's not done yet ... but looks loads better! We took a bookcase out ... that plus a white desk really makes the room look larger!

    ReplyDelete