Friday, August 14, 2009

attacked


A few nights ago when I came home from my Junior League Fashion Show meeting I was attacked ... by a plant in our front yard. That darn flower bundle you see above attacked my shirt. The shirt happens to be a fab green Ella Moss - one of hubby's faves (sad). Anywho, I was innocently walking by, okay, I was hurrying by. I was home late - the hubby just finished his last summer school class final, and I hadn't seen him all day. I was willing to sacrifice clothes to spend even 30 more seconds with the hubby - priorities people! 

There I was, stuck to the plant standing outside my house laughing hysterically. I was fumbling with the strings on my shirt trying to get them untangled. But as you can see in the above pic, there are tons of stupid spiky things for the strings to wind around. Ahh! Luckily my hubby heard the Prius (somehow, those darn cars are so quiet - maybe the dog alerted him) and came outside when I didn't come into the house in a timely manner. He couldn't get my strings unwound (of course, patience and intricate things are more my forte than his). Sooo, in order to extricate me and restore my honor ... my courageous hubby slayed the plant. All that is left is a headless stem (okay, there are many more stems with flowers, but this is the one that attacked me). Hubby saved me ... my knight in shining armor!
Shirt status report: the shirt is a bit pissed but will probably be able to be salvaged.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you were attacked! - By a plant no less - how sneaky! I once had a battle with stick-tights on my jeans leg...it was not pretty. Damn plants! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haaaaaaaaaaaaa! I almost peed my pants reading this. And I now want to see the pic of the shirt so I can understand how you got so darn tangled.

    ReplyDelete