Thursday, September 10, 2009

spinning = death

That was my facebook status update on Tuesday. Spinning really does equal death in more ways than one. "Adding insult to injury" would also apply.

I took a spinning class at the gym on Tuesday afternoon and wanted to die. I spent the majority of the time staring up at the clock willing the hour to be up. First of all I hadn't worked out in about two weeks (bad me - I did go on dog walks, and had a couple of mellow trips to the gym, but nothing hard core). Second, the spinning instructor (who I've never taken from before) had the worst music playing. Where was the fun pop music to help me escape from my spinning misery? I don't know. But it was replaced by what I can only call old lady music. Awful. When I walked in I was wondering why a woman on a bike behind me had her ipod in a case on her arm. Hmmm curious. Not anymore. In order to make it through that hour that genius woman supplied her own music. Genius I tell you. I'm totally stealing that move! My previous spinning experiences have always been challenged by the music. This week's experience was the worst. Haha spinning instructors, I will outsmart you ... with the help from above mentioned lady.

Now on to the insult and injury.

Injury = it is now Thursday and my legs and toosh region are still hurting. 

That would be fine except:

Insult = after my spinning class I gained 2 lbs.

Unacceptable. I worked my butt off for what? Nothing! Only to gain 2 lbs. That is definitely adding "insult to injury." Grrr to my chubby life, grrr to awful spinning music, and grrr to the injuries and insults I have to endure.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I love to spin, but haven't in awhile, so I think it will stay that way!

    Thanks for stopping by the ol blog, hopefully I will have more updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That does sound like death! I am scared of the gym as it is...but you gained 2 lbs! Now I'm NEVER going! hahah :)

    ReplyDelete