Saturday, October 24, 2009

rude

Yesterday I went to Cole Haan to attempt to salvage a pair of my hubby's shoes. Don't ask me what he did to them. It's somewhere in the realm of murder. He totally murdered them. Well, almost. I'd say they are on life support. So I took them into Cole Haan to see if they could resuscitate them. The sales girls were fabulous. They were showing me what they were going to do to them and what I'd have to do to them every few weeks (they are in serious bad shape). I was super excited because I could use one of the products to spiff up a Gucci purse that I haven't been using because it needed some TLC that I just didn't know how to give. Plus, I could take great care of my new Cole Haan boots that I got last week (love love love). And finally I can use another product to waterproof everything, including my Uggs (everyone knows how much I adore Uggs). Excited (said in a sing song voice - that's how you know when I'm really truly excited).

So I'm standing at the cash wrap getting all the info when a, I'm assuming miserable, man decided he needed to give me a few pointers. Namely that I shouldn't be taking care of my husband's shoes for him now nor should I do the continual maintenance on them. I should make him learn how to do it himself. When I told the man that my husband a) doesn't have much time (works full time and attend grad school) while b) I'm essentially a housewife who was shopping at 1pm on a Friday while my husband was at work and c) he isn't that detail oriented, he rudely told me not to make excuses (he really said that!). Then he asked me if I was my husband's mother. Um no. To which he replied to himself, "you obviously are, many men want to marry their mother." I curtly told him that I was nothing like his mother (not that I don't love my mother-in-law, we're just nothing alike), gathered my goods, and walked away. I did hear the flabbergasted woman next to me say "good for you" (which I loved). What was that guy's problem?

Sir, please mind your own miserable business. Thank you.

When I told the husband about it he was livid. He hates it when people are mean to me. He's quite protective - only one of the many reasons why I love him and am willing to fix his shoes for him.

eta: Cole Haan is amazing! His shoes, when viewed from 6 inches away, appear new! Amazing results! My husband was thrilled - mostly with me for making it happen :)

1 comment:

  1. you are so nice! I may or may not (emphasis on NOT) have been so cordial.

    ReplyDelete